FAQ: Late Night Food & Happy Hour in Silicon Valley
Pick a City: Redwood City | Menlo Park | Palo Alto | Mountain View | Los Altos | Sunnyvale | Cupertino | Santa Clara | Milpitas | San Jose | Campbell | Los Gatos & Saratoga
You've been debugging and it's 1 am and you've haven't even had breakfast. Here's where to get food late at night in Silicon Valley. My favorite is Fu Lam Mum on Castro in Mountain View. No-nonsense good Chinese food. There's always people there, even at 1am. Chinese restaurants are open on most holidays, including Bunny Day, Turkey Day, and Pine Tree Day.
Look for 24/7: They're open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Okay, Denny's isn't so great, but they're open 24/7 and it's eatable. Mostly. Tip: Avoid the mixed drinks. Bleagh!
If you know of other places (or if a place changes their hours!) drop me a note. To qualify, they should serve full dinner at least till 11pm. (This list was updated June 2006 by Kennita Watson. Many thanks!)
Late Night Food in Redwood City
- Denny's. 1201 Broadway St., (650) 364-4545. Hours: 24/7
- International House Of Pancakes. 491 Veterans Blvd., (650) 367-8849. Hours: Su-Th 6am-11pm; F-Sa 24 hrs.
Late Night Food in Menlo Park
- Chili's. 700 El Camino Real, (650) 321-0330: till 11 F-Sa.
- Left Bank. 635 Santa Cruz Ave., (650) 473-6543. French-American brasserie. A great place to go when you get back from SF. The French onion soup is very good. Last seating 11pm Tu-Sa.
- Oasis Beer Garden (burgers). 241 El Camino Real, about two blocks north of University Ave., (650) 326-8896. Hours: past 1am 7 days. Very down to earth, and a great hangout place.
- Pizza Hut. 3415 Middlefield Rd., (650) 368-8700. Hours: 11am-11pm 7 days.
Late Night Food in Los Altos
- The Boardwalk. 4940 El Camino Real, (650) 964-7500. Hours: 9am-12:30am daily. Owned by the same folks as the Oasis in Menlo Park.
- Lyon's Restaurant. 4298 El Camino Real, (650) 941-4204. Hours: 24/7
Late Night Food in Sunnyvale
- Cabritos Mexican Bistro, 685 E. El Camino Real, (408) 738-0517. Hours: till 10pm weekdays, till 11pm weekends.
- Cheers Bar & Grill. 685 E. El Camino Real, (408) 749-1288. Hours: M-F 6:30pm-2am; Sa-Su 7pm-2am. Lively bar, casual $$.
- Denny's. 311 S Mathilda Ave., (408) 245-7720. Hours: 24/7
- Denny's. 814 Ahwanee Ave., (408) 747-1449. Hours: 24/7
- Spoons. 25 S. Fair Oaks Ave., (408) 720-0136. Hours: Su-Th 11am-11pm, F-Sa 11am-midnight. Family restaurant, casual $$.
Late Night Food in Cupertino
- BJ's Restaurant. 10690 N De Anza Blvd., (408) 865-6970. Opens 11am; dinner till 11pm Su-Th, till midnight F-Sa.
- Duke of Edinburgh. 10801 N. Wolfe Road, Cupertino, (408) 446-3853. Beef Wellington, shepherd's pie, fish 'n' chips. Hours: Dinner till 11pm 7 days.
- Pho Hoa: Vietnamese pho shop. 1080 S. de Anza Blvd., (408) 366-0544. For more, see phohoa.com. Hours: till midnight daily.
- Pizza Hut. 20770 Stevens Creek Blvd., (408) 252-3324. Hours: 11am-11pm daily.
- TGIFriday's. 10343 N. Wolfe Road, (408) 257-2050. Hours: 11am-1am Su-Th, 11am-2am F-Sa.
- Top Cafe. 1075 S De Anza Blvd. (408) 996-7797. It's a chinese diner that serves until at least 2am every night, regular nights 3am and maybe Su till 2am.
Late Night Food in Santa Clara
- Carrows. 3180 El Camino Real, (408) 246-6027. Hours: till 11pm.
- Denny's. 3715 El Camino Real, (408) 296-1048. Hours: 24/7
- Denny's. 3399 Bowers Ave., (408) 727-6330. Hours: 24/7
- Pho Hoa. Vietnamese pho shop. 3484 El Camino Real, (408) 249-8598. For more, see phohoa.com. Hours: 9am-midnight daily.
- Pizza Hut. 2695 El Camino Real, (408) 246-1466. Hours: Su-Th 11am-11pm, F-Sa 11am-midnight.
Late Night Food in Milpitas
- Denny's. 442 W. Calaveras Blvd., (408) 262-9090. Hours: 24/7
- Milpitas Square. A bonanza for late night food is Milpitas Square, the Asian shopping center at 237 and Milpitas. The center store is 99 Ranch (the Chinese supermarket). Hop out from 237 onto McCarthy Ranch Road and go south. At the first stoplight, turn left, and after two blocks, you're in Asia: Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese, Singaporean; everything is there. They're open nearly every day and usually very late. (Note: on the North side of 237, there is McCarthy Ranch Shopping Center. This is the other shopping center.)
- Jujubi. 550 Barber Lane (Milpitas Square), (408) 432-3395. Hours: till 1am Su-Th, till 3am F-Sa. Thai/Chinese/Fusion.
Late Night Food in Campbell
- Carrows. 150 E. Hamilton Ave., (408) 866-5377. Hours: 24/7
- Denny's. 2060 S. Bascom Ave., (408) 371-7454. Hours: 24/7
- Effie's Coffee Shop & Fine Dining. 331 W. Hacienda Ave., (408) 374-3400. Hours: dinner till 11pm F-Sa. Signature dish is filet mignon wrapped in pancetta, topped with blue cheese and chopped pecans.
- Restaurant Nevsky. 1712 Winchester Blvd., (408) 379-1126. Hours: till 9pm M-F, till midnight Sa. Russian cafe and deli featuring blintzes, borscht and beyond.
- Rock Bottom Brewery. Pruneard Shopping Center, 1875 S. Bascom Ave., (408) 377-0707. Hours: till 10pm M-Th, till 11pm F-Sa.
Late Night Food in Los Gatos & Saratoga
- Los Gatos Brewing Co. 130 N. Santa Cruz Ave., Los Gatos, (408) 395-9929. Hours: 5pm-11pm F-Sa if crowds warrant. Salads from smoked trout to Caesar, wood-fired pizza, crab cakes.
- Ristorante Valeriano. 160 W. Main St., Los Gatos, (408) 354-8108. Hours: till 10pm M-F, till 11pm Sa, till 9pm Su. Veal chop, halibut, roasted chicken.
- The Basin. 14572 Big Basin Way, Saratoga, (408) 867-1906. Hours: till 10 or 11pm depending on the night and the crowd. Closed Mon.
Always Call Ahead to Be Sure They're Open!
Pick Another City: Redwood City | Menlo Park | Palo Alto | Mountain View | Los Altos | Sunnyvale | Cupertino | Santa Clara | Milpitas | San Jose | Campbell | Los Gatos & Saratoga