Venison with Chorizo and Green Peppers
- 1 & 1/2 pounds of venison steaks, cut very thin kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped fine
- 1 chorizo sausage, about 4 ounces, in very thin slices (if you have
venison chorizo, use that)(chorizo is Mexican or Spanish spicy sausage.)
- 1/3 cup dry sherry
- 1/3 cup chicken or beef stock
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- Black pepper
- Sprinkle venison with salt and pepper on both sides. Heat oil in
large, heavy skillet. Brown the steaks over high heat and remove them to
a warm platter. Lower the heat and saute the onion, garlic and green
pepper of 5 minutes (this is sofrito). Add the chorizo and cook for
another 2 minutes. Add the sherry , stock, tomato sauce, thyme, bay leaf.
Return the steaks, spooning sauce over them. Cover and cook at a very low
simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve with rice.
Return to the List of Recipes