Savory Cheese Muffins
This recipe is from a handy, dandy little cookbook
which features muffins. There are about 150 recipes for muffins. The book
is called "Muffin Cookbook" by Don Armstrong, published by Jain Publishing
Company, ISBN 0-87573-063-9. The book is in its third edition and has
sold 50,000 copies. To order, contact Jain Publishing.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2 cups
- 1 T baking powder
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 c softened butter
- 1/4 c sugar (this could be reduced to 1 or 2 T)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup
milk (use buttermilk for extra tang)
- 1 cup grated cheese (use a sharp
cheddar for extra bite)
- 1/2 cup chopped smoked ham or pepperoni (you
can leave this out)
- 1 t basil
- Grease and flour the muffin tins.
flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Beat butter with sugar until itís
creamy and add the eggs, beating well.
- Gradually add the flour mix
and milk to butter mix, alternating the dry and liquid ingredients.
- Quickly fold in the cheese, meat and basil.
- Spoon the batter into
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 - 30 minutes.
Makes 12 muffins.
If you don't have a muffin tin, use mini-loaf pans
(you'll need 3). You may need to bake the muffins an extra 5 minutes.
Return to the List of Recipes