Bean Thread Salad
An Asian-style salad.
- 4 ounces of bean thread vermicelli
- 2 tbs. lime juice
- 1 tbs. fish sauce
- 1 tbs. sugar
- 1 tsp. roasted sesame oil
- 1/2 cup peanuts, toasted and chopped fine
- 3 scallions, chopped fine
- 1/2 small carrot, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped fine
- 1/8 cup mint, chopped fine
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Pour over the vermicelli. Let it sit for a few minutes until it softens and becomes translucent. Drain water and rinse with cold water. Allow to drain.
- In a small bowl, mix the lime juice, fish sauce, sugar. Put into the microwave for 60 seconds. Stir to finish dissolving the sugar. Add the sesame oil.
- In a serving bowl, combine the noodles, sauce, peanuts, scallions, carrot, cilantro and mint. Mix well to combine. Taste for seasoning and correct. Serve.
- For a spicy version, mince part of a hot pepper up and add to the sauce to be microwaved.
- Makes about four servings.
Return to the List of Recipes