andreas.com: Helen’s Miso Salad Dressing
Helen came up with this miso dressing after much experimentation. She makes this almost every night. It’s the most delicious salad dressing I’ve ever tasted.
- A small tub of Miso paste. This comes in 17.5 oz (500g) containers. I use “Organic Miso”, made by Hikari, sold next to tofu, etc., in the coolers at Ranch 99.
- 1 tsp Miso
- 3 tsp Rice vinegar
- 3 tsp Olive Oil
- Black pepper (fresh ground black pepper)
- Stir well.
- Mixed greens (large double handful)
- Bell pepper (orange, yellow), sliced long and thin
- Cucumber. Sliced in thick long pieces (two inches)
- Red onion, very thin slices
One or two of the following, whatever is in season. Peel and cut in thick slices.
Nuts and Berries
- A small handful of walnuts, sunflower seeds, almonds, cashews, dried cranberries, dried Goji berries, etc.
Everytime I make this, it’s slightly different. I use whatever is in the kitchen. The miso dressing ties it together.
- Mix the dressing.
- Slice the vegetables and fruit. Add nuts. Add the dress, mix, and serve.