andreas.com FAQ: How to make PDF files for free
pdf995.com lets you create PDFs for free.
If you use the free version, then every time you make a PDF, it will showyou an ad. When you view the PDF, or you send the PDF to someone else, youwon’t see any ads.
If you pay $10, you can upgrade to a version without the ads. Try thefree version and see if you like it.
To download and use (PDF995 works only on Windows 95, 98, 2000, Me, NT 4.0, and XP):
- Go to http://www.pdf995.com/download.html.
- Download the PDF995 Printer Driver (Free download. 1.22 MB download, about 4minutes on a dialup access.)
- You also need the GPL Converter (Free download. 3.2 MB, about 10 minutedownload.)
- To install, run the GPL converter first, and then install the printerdriver.
- To use, open Word, PaintShop, or whatever, create a file, and then to createthe PDF, select Print. In the dialog box, select Printer Name (usually,click a dropdown arrow) and select PDF995. Press Enter and then type a namefor the file.
I tested it, it works. The PDF opens in Adobe Acrobat Reader.