andreas.com FAQ: Bubble Jet or Inkjet Refills
You can easily refill bubblejet (BJ) or inkjet printer cartridges. You can refill both color and black cartridges. A refill kit costs about the same as a cartridge, but it can refill the cartridge five or six times. You can find refill kits at any office supply store.
- Spread several layers of newspaper over your desk.
- Have several tissues ready to wipe spills.
- If you don’t want stains on your fingers, wear plastic gloves.
- Open the front of the printer by lowering the front panel.
- Be careful not to touch the head (a metallic surfact) at the bottom of the cartridge. Finger grease will clog the head.
- Remove the cartridge.
- Refill kits include a small drill. Use the drill to open a hole in the cartridge.
- Use the syringe to fill the the cartridge.
- When it’s full, cover the hole with a strip of tape.
- Close the printer.
- Print a few lines.
- Cartridges can be refilled about 10 times. Eventually, they clog up and die.
- For best printing results, use laser paper. This is a smoother paper.