Need an intern for social media? Here’s a job description that you can use. Edit this for your team.
SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN
We’re looking for a community manager to work with social media.
- Us: (Add a description of your company) Classjunky.com helps people to find all kinds of instructors and classes in everything: tennis, yoga, flying, piano, French, and so on. We have offices in San Francisco and Palo Alto. Visit Classjunky.com
- You: Build a community. We’ll give you a list (blogs, Twitter accts, etc.) of key people. These people are leading people in (for example) language instruction. You’ll engage with them to increase awareness and visibility. Reach out to them by email and Twitter, maintain conversation, answer questions.
- Post to our blog, FB page, LinkedIn groups, and our Twitter account.
- Monitor postings to blogs, FB, LinkedIn, and Twitter. Respond or retweet. If appropriate, forward to the team.
- Look for new tools and apps.
- Post about interesting events, conferences, news, and so on.
- Write and reply in a friendly, chatty style (most important)
- You’re fairly familiar with Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Youtube
- Interested in startups, Silicon Valley, education
- Interested in social media
- You like Sichuan food (you will be tested 🙂
- Training: You should be generally familiar with FB, Twitter, blogs, etc. We will teach you everything else. You’ll work with some of the top Silicon Valley people in SEO, PPC, and social.
- Pay: This is an unpaid internship. In return, you’ll get great connections. And lunch.
- Hours: At least an hour per day. In the beginning, you can meet with us for training and go over questions, etc. You’ll work mostly off-site. Dog or pet raccoon okay.
- Send Us: Links to your URL, blog, your FB page (both the safe public version and the secret version), Twitter account, Youtube video, etc. We don’t care what you did last weekend. We just want to see how you wrote about it.
Contact Wendy Chang <email@example.com> or Andreas Ramos <firstname.lastname@example.org>. Don’t send a boring resume. Creativity and personality is better.